QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

查看: 14100|回复: 0

[原创散文] 无忧无虑(上)|双语散文阅读

[复制链接]
普罗旺斯的美好 发表于 2017-5-3 09:11:25 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
 周六的早晨,让优美的英文把你的耳朵叫醒。
  今天我们要推荐的是英国著名作家大卫•赫伯特•劳伦斯的散文《无忧无虑》(Insouciance)。

大卫·赫伯特·劳伦斯 D. H. Lawrence(1885-1930),英国著名作家,思想家。创作了多部极具批判精神的长篇小说。如《虹》、《儿子与情人》等,在当时及后世均引起广泛争议,并产生重大影响。他的散文作品笔调清新雅致,语言生动活泼。
  《无忧无虑》是大卫•赫伯特•劳伦斯写于1928年的一篇佳作。文章记叙了作者一次在法国度假过程中的经历。

在作者下榻的宾馆阳台上,他不经意中与住在隔壁的一位英国老年妇女交谈起来,这个女人最喜欢的话题是墨索里尼、法西斯和国际政治。
  但作者对这类话题毫无兴趣。
  作者表示自己喜欢的生活是一种透过本能和直觉的生活,本能让他关注现实,直觉让他理解生活。

下面我们就一起来欣赏这篇散文的上半部分。英文由沈汀问您朗读,中文版本由申慧辉翻译、小斐为您朗读。

BY
  D. H. Lawrence
  Insouciance
  My balcony is on the east side of the hotel, and my neighbors on the right are a Frenchman, white-haired, and his white-haired wife; my neighbors on the left are two little white-haired English ladies. And we are all mortallyshy of one another.
  When I peep out of my room in the morning and see the matronlyFrench lady in a purple silk wrapper, standing like the captain on the bridge surveying the morning, I pop in again before she can see me. And whenever I emerge during the day, I am aware of the two little white-haired ladies popping back like two white rabbits, so that literally I only see the whisk of their skirt-hems.
  This afternoon being hot and thundery, I woke up suddenly and went out on the balcony barefoot. There I sat serenely contemplating the world, and ignoring the two bundles of feet of the two little ladies which protruded from their open door ways, upon the end of two chaises longues. A hot, still afternoon! The lake shining rather glassy away below, the mountains rather sulky, the greenness very green, all a little silent and lurid, and two mowers moving with scythes, downhill just near; slush! slush! sound the scythe-strokes.
  The two little ladies become aware of my presence. I become aware of a certain agitation in the two bundles of feet wrapped in two discreet steamer rugs and protruding on the end of two chaises longues from the pair of doorways upon balcony next me. One bundle of feet suddenly disappears; so does the other. Silence!
  Then lo! with odd sliding suddenness a little white-haired lady in grey silk, with round blue eyes, emerges and looks straight at me, and remarks that it is pleasant now. A little cooler, say I, with false amiability. She quite agrees, and we speak of the men mowing: how plainly one hears the long breaths of the scythes.
  By now we are tête-à-tête. We speak of cherries, strawberries, and the promise of the vine crop. This somehow leads to Italy, and to Signor Mussolini. Before I know where I am, the little white-haired lady has swept me off my balcony, away from the glassy lake, the veiled mountains, the two men mowing, and the cherry trees, away into the troubled ether of international politics.
  I am not allowed to sit like a dandelionon my own stem. The little lady in a breath blows me abroad. And I was so pleasantly musing over the two men mowing: the young one, with long legs in bright blue cotton trousers, and with bare black head, swinging so lightly downhill, and the other, in black trousers, rather stout in front, and wearing a new straw hat of the boater variety, coming rather stifflyafter, crunching the end of his stroke with a certain violent effort.
  I was watching the curiously different motions of the two men, the young thin one in bright blue trousers, the elderly fat one in shabby black trousers that stick out in front, the different amount of effort in their mowing, the lack of grace in the elderly one, his jerky advance, the unpleasant effect of the new "boater" on his head -- and I tried to interest the little lady.
  But it meant nothing to her. The mowers, the mountains, the cherry trees, the lake, all the things that were actually there, she didn't care about. They even seemed to scare her off the balcony. But she held her ground, and instead of herself being scared away, she snatched me up like some ogress, and swept me off into the empty desert spaces of right and wrong, politics, Fascism and the rest.
  无忧无虑
  我的阳台在旅馆的东侧。我右边的邻居是一位白发的法国男子和他的白发妻子,左边的邻居是两位小个子、白头发的英国女士。我们这些人全都极力地互相回避。
  早上,当我从房间里向外窥视并看到那位仪态庄重的法国夫人身穿紫色丝绸晨衣,象首领站立在桥头一般环视着晨色,我便在她看到我之前迅速地抽回身来。白天,我每次走出房间时,都会感觉到那两位白发女士象两只白兔一样快速地躲回去,以至于我真正看见的只是她们那一闪即逝的裙边。
  这天下午,天气闷热,雷声阵阵,我突然醒来,便赤着脚走上阳台。我坐在那里平静地沉思着宇宙万物,没有去理会在一对长椅的尾部,那两位小个子女士的两双脚从敞开的门口出露了出来。一个多么闷热、寂静的下午!下边湖面泛着如镜的明洁光泽,群山略有些阴沉,绿色却显得更浓了。一切都悄然而可怕,只有两个割草人手持长柄镰刀,在附近的山脚发出“沙!沙!”的割草声。
  两位小个子女士发现了我的存在。我开始感觉到我旁边阳台的双扇门旁,那两双从一对长椅的尾部和周到的毛毯里伸出来的脚表露了某种焦虑不安。一双脚突然消失了,另一双也消失了。寂静!
  然后瞧吧!随着古怪而富有变化的突然,一个小个子、白头发、身穿灰色绸衣、长着蓝色原眼镜的女士出现了,并且直视着我,说道此刻颇令人愉快。我带着虚假的热情说,是有些凉快了。她很同意,然后我们说起割草人,还说那镰刀的缓慢节奏听起来是多么的清晰。
  这会儿我们已经面对面的谈话了。我们谈樱桃、草莓,以及在望的葡萄收成。不知不觉间,这场谈话引出了意大利,引出了默索里尼先生。我还来不及弄清我在谈什么,这微笑各自的白发女士已经将我从阳台上拉走,远离了两位割草人和樱桃树,远离了入境的湖水和绿色掩映的群山,远离了两位割草人和樱桃树,进入了国际政治的动乱氛围。
  我不被允许像一只独居枝头的蒲公英那样闲坐。小个子女士一口气就把我吹到了异国他乡。可我刚刚还在愉快地望着两个割草人若有所思:年轻的一位生着一双长腿,穿着天蓝色的棉布裤子,黑黑的头发上没戴帽子,在山脚下轻松地来回摇摆着长镰;另一位穿着黑裤子,前面肚子挺壮实,戴着一顶新的硬边草帽,呆板板地走在后面,颇费力气地用镰刀尖嘎吱嘎吱地割着草。
  我注视着着两个人不同得令人感到荒谬的动作,那清瘦的年轻人穿着天蓝色的裤子,发胖的年长者穿着显出大肚子的破黑裤子,两个人割草时所用的力气不一样,年长的一位动作缺乏美感,前进的步子也不平稳,他头上的那顶新的硬边草帽也使人产生不快----我试图引起小个子女士的兴趣。
  然而这对她没有丝毫的意义。割草人、群山、樱桃树、湖泊,所有这些实实在在的物体,她都不关心。它们似乎还把她吓得离开了阳台。但是她坚守阵地,非但没有逃离,反而像女妖一样一把抓住我,将我抛进是非、政治、法西斯主义等诸如此类的无聊而荒凉的空间。
  劳伦斯的这篇散文集中表达了他对自然的热爱。他所喜欢的生活是一种透过本能和直觉的生活。
  如果你也有同样的感受,欢迎留言告诉我们!
  此外,如果你也对英文朗读感兴趣,快快报名参加由英语环球发起的“朗读者联盟”活动吧,奖品多多,福利多多哦!
往期精彩:
想北平
  老人与海
  夕暮

我的父母之乡
黎明前的北京
落花生
匆匆
荷塘月色
故都的秋
差不多先生
长冬过后
时间即生命
论矫情
音频应用店铺 音乐发布 中国原创歌词网
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 快速注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|音频应用|歌词网|投稿|中国原创歌词基地 ( 鄂ICP备13005321号-1 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-1 03:44 , Processed in 0.044387 second(s), 15 queries .